Friday, March 14, 2008

getting laid off.

I am about to get laid off. I anticipate this will take place either today (Friday) or Monday. It seems that most people get laid off on Friday so they don't come back to the office and mow everyone down with a shot-gun, but there is little potential for me to be in that position. I am going to be relieved when I am let go from the bellicose arms of my idiot boss. Last week, we got into a screaming match where I gave him the what-for, totally expecting to be fired on the spot, and still it didn't happen. A week later, business is still slow, and nothing has changed so he can't afford to pay us anyway.

I have never been on unemployment. Except for the not getting very much money part, the not working and getting paid anyway part sounds cool. For awhile anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown Soldier said...

..

Leah, everyone knows you mow people down with a machine gun.

You blast people with a shotgun.


..